The application window for the 2023-2024 academic year closed January 6, 2023. Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year will open October 1, 2023. In preparation for the next application window, please review the process and sample application below.
You MUST have a documented intellectual disability to apply. We use this definition of Intellectual Disability: https://www.aaidd.org/intellectual-disability/definition
NOTE: Our application is housed on the UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education portal. When live, the application link will take you to the Redwood SEED Scholars link for Continuing and Professional Education. *There are short videos to guide you through the application process on the right-hand side of this page.*
The application includes:
- An application (View sample application)
- A Skill Survey filled out by BOTH the applicant and the parents/guardians separately
- Documentation of an intellectual disability - this is usually included in the Psychological Evaluation, the IEP or Triennial. We want any behavioral, educational or psychological evaluation that we can have. This allows us to understand the student's needs and strengths.
- We must have documentation of an intellectual disability or the application will not be forwarded for review.
- Two recommenders - one from an educational setting and one from a work or volunteer setting - they will also fill out the Skill Inventory and share their insights in a form. Only two are allowed. No family members may be a recommender.
Every application will be reviewed by at least two different highly-qualified reviewers.
Timeline for 2024-2025 Academic Year Applications:
Applications Open October 1, 2023
Applications Close January 5, 2024
In-Person Interviews will begin February 6, 2024
Admissions will be given March 15, 2024
Interview and Acceptance
- Students who are identified as a good fit with the Redwood SEED Scholars Program will be offered an interview.
- Students who are the most prepared to succeed in the program will be given admission. Four other candidates will be on the waitlist.